Effective Date June 1, 2018.
1. Introduction and Overview.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
2. Information Collection.
A. Information You Provide.
We collect information you provide directly via the Service, such as when you access our content, make a purchase, send us content in the form of stories, question of the week answers, or comments, participate in a crowdsourcing event, or a sweepstakes, contest, giveaway, survey, or other promotion (“Promotion”), contact customer support, or apply for a job. We may use Service Providers (defined below) to collect this information.
The information we collect includes information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination). Some examples of information we collect include the following:
• Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
• Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
• Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as story pitches, question of the week answers, comments, and feedback you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support. We also collect the content of your communications as necessary to provide you with the services you use.
• Crowdsourcing. We may collect data from you regarding crowdsourcing initiatives to amass content for a project, glean feedback regarding certain content, or to fund such an initiative.
• Resume Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, such as your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us through the Service that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
B. Information from Other Sources.
• Social networks when you reference our Service or grant permission to us to access your data on one or more of these services.
• Partners with which we offer co-branded services, who sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities with.
• Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
For further information on Third Party Services, see the section entitled “Third Parties” below.
3. Use of Information.
We use information about you for our legitimate interests, including to:
• Manage and add content to our Service.
• Perform services requested by you, such as to respond to your comments, questions, and requests, provide our newsletter, and provide customer service.
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
• Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
• Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities.
• Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys.
• Conduct crowdsourcing initiatives and projects, including, but not limited to, the compilation of user-generated content, stories, comments, and question answers in the form of a book or as a topic of discussion.
• Improve the Service or other Company websites, apps, marketing efforts, products and services.
We also use information about you with your consent, including to:
• Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with Promotions you have entered.
• Send you communications including our newsletter as well as any communications regarding our and third party products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services that may be of interest to you.
• Develop and display content, features, and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service as well as on other platforms and services.
• Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
We may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
4. Sharing of Information.
We share information about you as follows:
• Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents, vendors, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) in connection with their work on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and promotional services, Promotions, website hosting, and technical support. Service Providers are prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
• Affiliates. We may share your information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
• Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities. For example, we may share information about you with a retailer for purposes of providing you with product support.
• Promotions. Our Promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by third parties. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we may share your information with third parties a set forth in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other parties to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
• Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties for purposes of facilitating your requests (such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service).
• Merger or Acquisition. We may share your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
• Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share your information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share your information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or any third party.
• Consent. We may share your information for any other purpose disclosed to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may share aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you with third parties or affiliates for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
5. Public Information.
Certain areas of the Service, such as comments, are designed to help you share information with the world. If you make information public through our Service, other people will have access to it. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information; however, California residents have additional rights as set forth in “Your Rights and Choices” below.
6. Third Parties.
A. Third Party Services.
B. Third Party Features.
7. Your Rights and Choices.
A. Review and Update of Account Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California residents and European data subjects have additional rights as set forth in the sections entitled “Your California Privacy Rights” and “Your European Privacy Rights” below.
B. Do Not Track.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
• E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link, or e-mailing us at the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional e-mails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or loveyourteeth.net ongoing business relations.
Please note that your opt-out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
E. Your California Privacy Rights.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
loveyourteeth.net will not share personal information as defined by California’s “Shine the Light” law with third parties and/or affiliates for such third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain information about our compliance with this law, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Company is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
Any California residents under the age of eighteen (18) who have registered to use the Service and posted content or information on the Service, can request that such information be removed from the Service by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must state that the user personally posted such content or information and detail where the content or information is posted. We will make reasonable good faith efforts to remove the post from prospective public view.
F. Your European Privacy Rights.
If you are a data subject in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Service. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Service. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an EEA supervisory authority.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under thirteen (13) years of age. Company does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Company has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please contact us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below, and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
9. Data Security.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
10. International Transfer.
12. Contact Us.
hello [at] americanflagstatus [dot] com